John 14:1-4 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”
Things that we can learn from this passage: 1. God cares for everything and everyone. No matter how big or small. 2. You don’t need to live in a constant state of fear. He’s got you. He’s got this. Believe in Him. But wait, Ptra A that is easier said than done. How can I do that?
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- Remember we love Him, and He loves us.
- We don’t need to be afraid. Love drives out the fear and the worry.
- IF we let fear come in and control, then we can not be made perfect in what God has in store for us
1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”
- Sometimes we will receive treats because of our walk with God and being faithful.
- But that isn’t something to worry about. He isn’t going to walk out. He is going to be there and stand by us all the way.
- Remember WE ARE BLESSED.
I know it’s not always easy, and it often comes down to a choice:
- Choosing not to allow fear and anxiety to control your life.
- Choosing to guard your heart.
- Choosing to focus your mind on what is true and of God in the midst of uncertain times.
Psalms 56:3 puts it so beautifuly “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” How powerful is that. TRUST IN HIM. And It gets better. John 14:27 says we are left with His peace “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.”
God calls us to be His. And that is an amazing thing you can hold on to. He has summoned us. He knows us by name. WE ARE HIS. Isaiah 43:1
A thing we don’t always realize when fear or worry comes in our life, is it can actually hold us down. Proverbs 12:25 says, “An anxious heart weighs a man down.” We don’t want to be weighed down with all the other stuff in life that we want and need to deal with. So let it go. Let Him have it all. Fix your eyes on Him. And hold firm.
Hope this helps 🙂