A GUIDE TO RUNNING YOUR LIFE: THE BIBLE WAY
Have you ever wondered how you should be running and setting up your life? How do you plan for success in running this race we call life? How do we push through in this journey to finish well?
By perseverance the snail reached the ark.Charles Spurgeon
Let’s take a look at a few things from the Word of God.
- People can keep you from obeying truth – The Bible talks about people who hinder us from obeying the Lord. We can have people that can push us or pull us from doing what God desires for our life. But we live to serve God and not people.
Galatians 5:7 - You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
- Let God work – Letting God work on our heart and enlarge our heart pushes us to run in the way of His commands. When our heart is lined up with Him, it becomes easy to follow Him. It becomes easy to live right. Why? Your heart in is in the right place. You desire to do right. You won’t be perfect, but your heart will follow the commandments of the Lord.
Psalms 119:32 - I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart!
- Just saying no to excuses – It is easy to provide excuses. It is easy to let fear or doubt to come into our minds for a split second. However, the Holy Spirit comes and gives us the power to know better. He gives us the love to care about ourselves and those that are around us. And He gives us self-control to just say no. There is NO EXCUSE that out weighs God and the role of the Holy Spirit in our life. A quote that I try to live by in my life and say to myself over and over again:
Check yourself before you wreck yourselfI’m sure tons have said it – But I say it 🙂
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control
- Run it to win it – We have a goal. Heaven. So how should we live our life? We should live our lives with a plan, with a goal, with a determination, that we want to live in Heaven for all eternity. Just as an athlete works to discipline themselves to win a race, we have to as well! We need spiritual discipline. We need self-control. We need to live a life that doesn’t disqualify ourselves like an athlete who is disqualified for cheating in a race. So, ask yourself – Where am I going? Where am I running to? What is my plan? Am I going to live a life of discipline? Am I living a life that will help me win or that will disqualify me before I even begin?
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 - Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
- You can run the wrong way when you aren’t living right – Part of being Godly and living for Him is standing firm. The wicked are quick to run away (which is running the wrong way). But those of us who are Godly need to stand firm and push through. We not only have self-control, but we have boldness because of who are Heavenly Father is.
Proverbs 28:1 - The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions
- Endurance pushing through and pushing forward – Yes there are going to be many times that are hard and difficult in difficult to life. Welcome to life. But as you keep pushing forward and pushing forward, you will then be able to CONTINUE to do God’s will. There are also going to be many distractions in life that we are going to face. Distractions aren’t sin. But they can keep us from focussing on what we need to focus on. After distractions can come sin. Now sin the Bible says easily entangles us or trips us up. When we fall we aren’t running. We aren’t going where we should be going. We aren’t able to move forward. And falling hurts. Not only does it keep you from doing what you are supposed to do, it hurts you. You can injure yourself. It causes damage. Endurance helps prevent injury. In all areas of your life.
Hebrews 10:36 - Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
Hebrews 12:1 - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.C. S. Lewis
In all that you do, keep your eyes set on Heaven. Let all that you do keep you running towards Him. Have a fantastic day, week, month, year. Live your life according to Him and His word.
Ptra A 🙂